A Guide to the
Elizabeth Daily Journal Index
→ The Elizabeth Daily Journal Index is a fully searchable index which covers the period, 1914-1992.
→ The Elizabeth Daily Journal index was produced and maintained by the librarians of the Elizabeth Public Library.
→ The Elizabeth Daily Journal index is arranged as follows:
● Three categories subdivided each index year by:
● State of New Jersey newspaper article entries
● County of Union newspaper article entries
● City of Elizabeth newspaper abrticle entries
→ For each of the categories listed above, newspaper articles have been tagged to specific subject headings created by the librarians who produced and maintained the Elizabeth Daily Journal Index. The subject headings have been arranged in alphabetical order in each of the categories listed above.
→ Examples of subject headings include accidents, buildings, crime, fires, and schools. Depending on the amount of articles indexed in a particular year for a subject heading, there may be more than one index card which covers that subject heading.
→ Within each subject heading, newspaper article entries contain the date the article was published, the page number entry or entries of the article, and the article title itself.
→ Users will be able to view articles utilizing the microfilm to the Elizabeth Daily Journal itself, sets of which are located within the local history room, and just outside the room itself.
* Please see a member of the reference staff for any questions that you have pertaining to the Elizabeth Daily Journal Index.
* Please see a member of the periodicals staff for any questions that you have pertaining to the use of the Elizabeth Daily Journal on microfilm, and/or to the use of our microfilm machines themselves.
|11 South Broad Street, Elizabeth New Jersey 07202 | 908-354-6060 |
Share your ideas and comments: email@example.com
Contact Us | Copyright © 2013